Friday, December 14, 2012

of a loss of ho, ho, ho.

This time of year really makes me lose my Christmas spirit...for those of you that have not worked in retail, I doubt you understand my lack of joy.  There are people constantly angry, stressed, annoyed, etc. and they tend to take it out on the workers at the store.  "You don't have the right color dog bed." "This toy in a half inch too big."  "I only want one of these and it comes in a pack of three."  On and on, these people are driving me crazy!  I get it, it is stressful buying things for people, but if you get like this then buy your stuff earlier, or go online and stop all of the hassle!

My personal favorite is when someone is buying their child an animal for Christmas.  They are all like, I want to buy this hamster/guinea pig/lizard and I want you guys to keep it here at the store until Christmas eve when I will come pick it up....uh, no.  When I tell them we do not do that, they are shocked!  What do you mean you don't hold animals here?!  Well bit** honey, if we did that, we wouldn't have room to walk in the store, so take your freaking hamster and go hide it in your closet next to your $5000 Neiman Marcus coat.  People are crazy!

I was having this discussion the other day while having dinner at a friends house that respect and general kindness are really disappearing.  This is a whole long topic for another day, I just felt like venting a little about how much I love working retail during the holiday season.


No comments:

Post a Comment