Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Underoos!

Most of you that read my blog know that I have a serious addiction...underwear.  Well, I have done a recent count and the new number is 148 pairs.  When I tell people this, they start to freak out and say that they do not have anywhere near that amount, blah blah blah, I CAN justify the fact that I have so many! 

First of all, I have to say that I am not monogamous in my choosing of underclothes, I go all ways.  Boxers, briefs, boxer briefs, ahem...etc. Now, lets get on with it shall we?   

Seasonals 

I do have seasonal pairs of underpants that are really only worn on their particular holiday so most of the year they stay on the bottom drawer, unless I feel like I want to wear them :)  Some of the holiday pairs are:
  • Christmas
  • Halloween
  • Valentines Day
  • Fathers Day
  • St. Patricks Day
  • The Forth of July
Vacation / Back to Work

I have a special pair that I call my vacation underwear that have vacation like scenes on them that I will always wear either the day before or the first day of the start of a vacation...seriously, ask Chris!  Then, I also have my pair of back to work undies which have men with briefcases and ties going to work.  I have to say that I do not like to see that pair because of their meaning.

Gym

Of course you all know that I frequent the gym, most of the time four days a week, and I will always shower and change when I get home.  So, because some of my pairs of underwear are pricey I will get cheaper pairs to wear to the gym.  Recently my favorite brands for the gym have been Old Navy's bc they make my booty look nice in my workout shorts ;)

Saucy pairs

I will not go into detail with this section, however I did want to mention them since I am justifying my 148 pairs and I want to be thorough.  I have a good number of saucy underoos which I will wear if I am feeling blue or for...certain occasions.  Ahem.

Lazy days

Of course there are those days when you do not feel like doing anything and you are planning on laying around the house all day long.  These pairs tend to be plain, boring, and uneventful.   

Work

Now stick with me on this one because I may loose you.  You all know that I work retail, and if you have never worked retail then bless you and I hope you never do because you view people and their idiotic attitudes in a whole new way, however that is another blog altogether.  What I am getting to, is the fact that it is a stressful and annoying place to be, that is where the underwear comes in.  Ok, picture this, you just dealt with some ***** and you are walking it off when you realize that you have to use the restroom (stick with me) you go in, undo your pants and find cute little pigs, or rocket ships on your underwear and that just brings a smile to your face!  Trust me, it really works!!  I have talked a friend of mine into trying this, getting some really cute themed undies and seeing if they improved her mood and it worked!  Dont you think that if you wore the same old style of white briefs for weeks that you would just think of them as underclothes and not as.....medication?!?!  Seriously!!  People take anti-depressants all the time to improve their mood, maybe they should try underwear first, now I am not a doctor or psychiatrist, but I do know that it really does make you feel better.  I may be a fancy pair that cost you more that a 8 pack you pick up at wal mart for $5, but that means better quality, better fit, more confidence, the list goes on!!!  Try it, and tell me if it works for you, if it doesn't, then at least I helped expand your collection. 

Well, that just about explains a good portion of my collection, I am sure that I am missing something, I know that I cannot explain every pair that I have acquired, and I will be the first to say that I do purchase on impulse or because they are super-cute, but does that make me a bad person?  Think of it this way: there are people that collect stamps, salt and pepper shakers( I have proof!), lamps, cars, pretty much everything!  So why is it that I am looked upon as being crazy, when at least my collection can be put to use?! 

As more validation  I am going to post some links to some pairs that I was looking at the other day that I may purchase soon, try to tell me these are not awesome?!










Anyhow, I hope that now when you hear me talk about my underpants collection that you will think of this and not think that I am so weird.  Hopefully I have changed some peoples opinions and maybe even inspired one or two of you to go shopping :)  



2 comments:

  1. I'll take two pistol pete's and some of those Friday ones....maybe I should try it - I don't even notice my undies if I'm having a bad day though....but it's a thought

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you mentioned the saucy ones. HA! What about laundry day underpants? Got any of those?

    ReplyDelete