Friday, May 13, 2011

of the letter 'A'

Grades.

They are commonly used to measure things, like beef, or alcohol.  It has been some time since I have been graded.  Spring semester has just ended and I am feeling quite confident that I am fully back into the swing of things.  Even though I only took two classes (Physical Geology + the Lab) it brings back that good feeling of accomplishment.  After all of the assignments and tests have been graded it turns out my grade is an "A."  Fiesta!  After my final this week I opened a bottle of wine and had a small peanut butter cup ice cream....nefarious, I know, however if you had to learn about rocks you would be worn out also!  The next round of excitement will have to wait until the fall, bc most all of the summer courses meet every day of the week, and unfortunately that type of schedule does not mesh well with the petco.  It will be nice to have a couple of months off though, I can focus more on the gym, and stuff that I really want to do.  For instance, this coming Saturday, I will hopefully be going to do the beginning flameworking class.  It will be with a 14 year old kid, but hey, it will save me $50 and I can see how much I really enjoy it.

The fall semester is looking like I will be able to actually take more than the two classes, which makes me quite happy.  It will be a little challenging with working the same hours, but I am so ready to get it all done.  The classes that are up for selection are:

Earth History + Lab
Fluvial Processes + Lab
Meteorology and Climatology

I am thinking of doing 4 total, so class/lab combo or something along those lines.  Times are not ideal, and will most likely determine my decision for me in the end.  I am more leaning towards the top for sure bc it is more related to geology and since I just came out of that, I feel I will be in better shape with the material.  My advisor mentioned that I could take some approved electives like Calculus 2..........yeah, thanks for the joke information.  I mean, who would willingly put themselves through more math?  I am done, leave me alone mathematics, go solve your own problems.

I do have to say though, that starting classes again has really made me feel old.  There was a girl sitting next to me all semester and we got along just fine.  I noticed one day that she had a big 19 written in her daily planner, when I asked what that meant she said it was her birthday............yep. 

Anyhow, I will keep you all updated on which classes I take.  Ta-Ta dearies!


1 comment: