Wednesday, May 25, 2011

of a birthday filled with flowers, family, and llamas.

Another year, another birthday.  My parents decided to make their annual migration to NC to spend a couple of days with us and we had so much fun!  This trip we decided to pass on the usual suspects, like the mountains, and try something new...mostly bc it was 139 degrees outside and none of us felt like climbing any mountains.  We found a list online of the top things to do in Charlotte and decided to give some of them a whirl.  First on the list that we wanted to go see was the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden, it was so beautiful!


 



I must have this in my house someday~!




  




Since it was pretty hot out, we decided to do something that would require less time outside and I am utterly shocked that none of our friends told us about a place called the Lazy 5 Ranch!  It is a place where you drive in your own car and animals come up...and when I say this, I mean stick there head all up in your grill...and eat out of feed buckets.  We were literally crying with laughter when we first drove in, we will be taking anyone willing back, however we have to bring a video camera and possibly alcohol next time!


Imagine you looking out another window and then turning back to see this....things of nightmares.

My dad thought the feed buckets were for him.




On the lookout.









Chris didn't want these cows near his car...I wonder why?

Love is a terrible thing.




I can see the resemblance.


I forgot to mention that I made my birthday cake again this year, now don't get all crazy, I wanted to make it myself.  It came out of the food network kitchens cookbook of favorite recipes, it is a Chocolate peanut butter pie and looked like this after it was made:



The crust is made in two layers, the bottom is only crushed up peanuts and butter, then bittersweet chocolate.  The rest is filled with all kinds of peanutty goodness and then whipped cream..........I think I gained 5 pounds over the past couple days.  Overall my birthday was super fun~!  I got some great gifts and have tons of memories of my special day!  Thanks everyone for everything, I am so lucky to have family and friends like you!


This is for your dreams tonight....


3 comments:

  1. OMG, I'm both terrified and totally jealous! I want to go to this magical place! But that ostrich looks like something straight out of Jurassick Park...like a velociraptor. Good to know that dinosaurs DIDN'T really become extinct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crap - that was supposed to say Jurassic. Whatev.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - man I wonder if Zach would like this place! (without alcohol for him please) looks like fun, but I noticed the 19% light issue happen on one of your photos! I see more lessons are in order at the beach............loved the photos! (and the fact that you even posted)....

    ReplyDelete