Monday, June 13, 2011

of weight loss and the stigma of others.

Weight loss is not an easy thing to accomplish.  Although I am very happy with the results of my work, it does take work.  Going to the gym 3-4 days a week, eating healthy, and staying active are just some of the things I have to do to try to maintain the weight I have already lost.  One thing that really bugs me is when I am out at a restaurant with friends and they always have to comment about my healthiness.  For instance, today a couple of us went to IHOP for breakfast and I ordered blueberry pancakes.  The picture in the menu showed the pancakes with a huge glob of whipped cream on them and so I kindly asked for the whipped cream to be left off...I mean seriously...who puts whipped cream on pancakes?  Of course the table had to comment on me being strange and too healthy.  The food comes to the table, and surprise, the waitress forgot to tell them no whipped cream.  I was starving and didn't want to wait for new ones to come so I asked for another plate to scrape the crap off with.  The look on the waitress was one of shock...if I was an evil person, I could have said something about the way she looked and about how she could do with less whipped cream, but I was kept my opinion to myself and spooned the cream ( which covered the entire pancake) off and onto the plate.  Personally, I love whipped cream, but there is a time and a place...for me, breakfast is not the time.  I am not saying people that like whipped cream are bad or that their food decisions should change because mine have, I am just annoyed when people judge me for choosing a healthier option. 

I am stepping off of my soap-box now, thank you for your time and consideration.


2 comments:

  1. I'm with you. I'm the girl that eats the frosting off the top of the cake and leaves the middle....but whip cream has no business at the breakfast table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, WTF? Why do you need whipped cream on pancakes. Your friends are the weird ones...not you. And the waitress? Maybe if she's ACTUALLY DONE HER JOB, her brain wouldn't have imploded.

    ReplyDelete