Saturday, January 7, 2012

of many things.

of  schooling...
Well, it has been some time hasn't it?  I would first like to apologize for my absence from the blogging realm as I was extremely busy with classes last semester.  I made a poor decision to schedule classes every day of the week, while still working my 45 hours a week, and trying to fit in studying and homework plus the gym.  Let's just say that I didn't have much free time...but that is done now, and the hard work paid off as my GPA has moved to a 3.9 and my head is filled with all kinds of great information about the historical geology of the earth!  I also started my very own fossil collection!  Jealous much!!!! 

Hopefully, this coming semester will not be as nutty as I only have 2 classes.  I am really not looking forward to one of them though because it is the last math I need to take, and Chris and Calculus go together like Michael Jackson and propofol.  Anywhoodles, that is that, hopefully I will not be on here every day complaining about differential equations or other things along those lines, but if I do feel free to give me a virtual slap.

of the gym...
I have been trying to balance what I have been doing at the gym more; when I was training with Melvin, I was focused on losing weight, and I did.  The problem I have now is, I do not want to lose any more weight, so I am now trying to get a more balanced workout and focus on either my upper body or lower body and so far, I think it is making a difference.

This is my new goal body type:
What do you guys think?
Yeah....so I hope you all realize I am joking, and that I am so far from this!!  However, my MS paint skills are still top notch, who needs photoshop?!?! 

of long ago me...
I have a bunch of photos of myself as a child and hardly look at them, but when Mom 2 emailed and asked for a favorite picture of me as a child, it forced me to look through them and remember how funny I was as a little bean sprout.  So, without further ramblings, here are some of the gems:

This was the favorite I chose.
I am not really sure why my dad is strangling the dog, or why he appears to be naked...I think he is wearing those "coaching shorts" which were so popular in the 80's....he also had a killer mustache at the time.

The hand, and yes, that is an Alf tank top, jealous much?


My singing career never really materialized.

What type of haircut is that?!

Apparently, I was big on posing.

I am on the right...clearly bored...typical diva.

Work it bit*h!!
As you can see, I was a.....special child.....most of this specialness has gone away now though.  I will try to look for some other gems, I know I have DVD copies of all of my childhood home videos, anyone know how to take snippets from those?
of television...
"Hi, my name is Chris, and I am a television junkie."  They say admitting you have a problem is the first step, well, I know that I do, but the brain melter is so entertaining!!  Chris and I started some new shows and are trying to finish up old series that we have had in our Netflix cue for far too long.

Terra Nova - It's about humans in the future who have ruined the planet and found a portal to go back in time to live during dinosaur time (that would be the mesozoic era, or to be more precise, during the jurassic to cretaceous periods about 80 million years ago.  I have to say though, they are coming up to a part in the history of the earth where there are many periods of glacial and interglacial cycles that they would likely not survive...and don't get me started on the whole meteorite thing.)  Supposedly, the timeline is different from the one our planet followed, so they are basically making crap up from here on.  I know I just got uber geek, but the show is actually pretty good, aside from all of my complaints.

The walking dead - The show is about unicorns...no, really the title pretty much says it all.  Really good show though!

Hell on wheels - Another AMC original, it is about the construction of the railroad and the dramas surrounding it.  There are Indians, harlots, and the "N-word" every 5 minutes.  We have not made our mind up yet, so far, it has not pulled us in.

Dr. Who - Since I am a geek, again there is the admitting thing, I have started to watch this show and I have to say, it is really good!  Chris will have nothing to do with it, but I am hooked!  Serious geeks only.

Hawaii 5O - A remake of the old series, really good!

Prison break - We started watching this a while ago, but season 2 was not as great as season 1.  We managed to get through it and now season 3 is really good!  

I think that might be it for new shows...it is pretty sad that these are all new shows, we still have a lot more that we watch regularly.

of books that aren't real...
I got a kindle for Christmas and am now trying to finish up the actual books that I have so I can start reading on the kindle.  I have half of 'The Night Circus' and then the first book of 'The Hunger Games" series to read.  I would gladly accept any tips and tricks from the kindle sisters on the ins and outs of this fabulous new contraption ;)

I think I have blogged enough for now, I will hopefully be updating more soon.  Until then, I will leave you with this:
 


3 comments:

  1. You haven't lost a single ounce of that specialness you had when you were a child. Trust me... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those photos were priceless! You were posing long before the 'neigh' and the disposable underwear. I'm SO proud of you - such an awesome post with reviews, ms paint skills, complaining about the mesozic era or some crap AND photos from when you were a kid? YEAH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how we MISSED YOU!

    Your posts seriously make me laugh out loud.

    I think you should post that old home video of you roller skating inside. Weren't you singing too?

    Congrats on the 3.9. That's AWESOME. Far better than I did in school!

    I can't wait for more specialness next post!

    ReplyDelete