Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Of the power of my opinion.

I will admit that I have not always been a voter, and it has only been recently that I have really taken the matter seriously.  Nonetheless, I prepared myself for the cold (high of 48 degrees today comrades) I also brought my flashcards for paleontology as I am figuring there will be a huge line, mentally prepare myself and take off.  My voting place is at a middle school, I park, and start walking up.  Of course there are the nut jobs that try to convince you to change your mind at the last second, so I football dodge (sorry Terry, I don't know the appropriate terminology) the political pantywaste, and make it inside.  So far, so good! No line out to my car...sorry flashcards.  I now football weave (still don't know it) around little kids and make it to the polling place.......no line at all!! I literally walked right up and cast my vote! Ah, my opinion matters.  Now I will not go into detail as to who I voted for, let's just say I picked the candidate that best reflected my people, the homo-gays that is. I still cannot get into picking all the random judges and crap, I mean there were 5 pages of people to sort through...I will admit, I ended up picking people who's names sounded the coolest to me...go ahead, start your criticism. I just can't keep up with all that other stuff.

Anyhow, my decision had been made, so off I went. I do feel very proud to vote, and am glad that I went when I did.  Now, the actual events of walking up and dodging people and what may be a little on the exaggerated side, but we are talking about politics here, and what is politics if not exaggerated?


No comments:

Post a Comment