Monday, January 17, 2011

of lizards, books, and burly men.

As usual, I am blogging bc I have received a citation from the blog police *cough* Catherine *cough* ahem. So I guess I will blog about something then.  I have recently added a new member to the 'Casa de Chris' a lovely little fellow named Pursey.  I warn you the pictures you are about to see are not very good and were taken with one hand while I was holding him.

Meet Pursey, why that name you ask?  Well, bc he feels like a nice purse of course!

He is shedding right now, that's why his scales look dull.

Side view.

Action shot.
So, Pursey is a 'true-fire skink' and quite friendly!  He likes long strolls through the bark in his tank and eating crickets.  He is a Sagittarius and prefers to keep his political views to himself. 
I know what some of you are thinking, oh geez, another slimy creature; first it was snakes, then tarantulas, now this.  Listen here hussies, Pursey is not like those other guys.  He is sleek, and handsome.  Once you meet him I think you would like to have a nice cup of coffee with him.  Chris (regular/2/Hommie-G Funkaliez) actually likes him too!  I will be posting better pictures of him once I get my camera back from Chris and maybe I will wait until he is done shedding also.  That way you can see him at his best~!

I spoke of books earlier so I suppose that I should explain that.  I finished a book a couple weeks ago called "The Book of Lost Things" by John Connolly. *Books Website*  I have to say that I really did enjoy this book!  It is set around one of the world wars and the main character is a little boy.  He loves to read and one day gets into an accident and enters into a world where the stories he loves, which are mostly fairy-tales, are real however quite twisted.  For instance, Snow White and the seven dwarfs are in the story, but this time the dwarfs are forced to wait on Snow Whites every request bc she has framed them for trying to kill her.  If anything were to happen to her all of the dwarfs would be put to death.  There are other tales in it as well and some are pretty dark and twisted.  I do not want to give away too much from the book, but I just like how he uses a lot of the stories that we grew up with and makes them funny, or scary.  Often times, I do not like the ending of books, however I found myself happy at the end of this one.  This is the first book that I have read from this author and bc I liked it so much, I got another, "The Unquiet" which is a thriller.  I just thought that I would pass it on in case you are looking for a new book.  It is a little mystical, as are most of the fairy tales that they are based around, but if you like books with a dark and sometimes gritty side then I think you should at least give it a shot.  Another thing that I liked, was that every chapter was titled starting with "of" and then something vague about the chapter, which I have adopted in my blogs of late.  I just thought it was clever how it told you what was coming up, without ruining anything.  I will let you know how the new book goes, I do not read a mile-a-minute like some of you people as I do have to properly segment my time with TV and video games.

Also!  I was at the gym today, and saw a commercial on one of the TV's for the new Spartacus series~!!~!!  It stars soon and is a prequel to the first season.  If you were here you would have to cover your ears bc I am squealing like a little girl ;)

2 comments:

  1. As long as Hommie-G Funkaliez approves of Pursey, then that's all that counts, right? And thanks for reminding me about the book! I couldn't remember what you said the title was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to meet the newest addition! He's totally cute!

    ReplyDelete