Friday, April 12, 2013

of new eye-extensions.

I am in the market for new glasses and I heard about this website and figured I would check them out.  The site is Warby Parker and their whole thing is that they cut out the middle-man, so every regular pair of glasses is $95 and that is for the cost of the frames and lenses!  If you do not have glasses, that is a huge savings...like I could have more money for underwear!!  I know what you are thinking, they may not be well made, etc.  Well for that cost I am going to try a pair and see what happens, they also do sunglasses for around $200 which is a steal also.  They have a thing where you pick out 5 frames you like and they send them to your house for you to try on for 5 days.  I have done that, and so now you all will need to do some work.  I am posting the five that I chose, there are a couple that I do not like, and one or two that I like a lot...I am keeping my opinion to myself to see what types of responses I get.  Click on "LINK TO SITE" to go to the url for the same glasses on the site.  The lighting isn't great for the pics I took...I tried in a couple of rooms.....there must have been more that 19% light behind me, what do you think Catherine?


These are my current glasses - for comparison 
My glasses -side view

This is the bow they came in.

YAY!
Preston blue maple - LINK TO THE SITE

Preston blue maple - side

Arthur green - LINK TO THE SITE
Arthur green - side
Catalina blue - LINK TO THE SITE
Catalina blue - side
Holt blue - LINK TO THE SITE
Holt blue - side
Whiskey Tortoise - LINK TO THE SITE
Whiskey tortoise - side

Well that was fun wasn't it?  Now please let me know what you think!!!

2 comments:

  1. I like the Catalina Blue, then the Whiskey Tortoise. It's a tough call. That's such a neat site! I just spent $750+ for TWO pairs (although I didn't technically spend it - hehe). I LOVE all the photos from the front and the side, great way to compare! And the lighting was fine.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious about the 19%. I like pair #3. Wish I could see you at the beach but hopefully we will see you at Christmas. Take Care.

    ReplyDelete