Monday, August 23, 2010

Gym grannies...

As with most Mondays, I head to the gym first thing, something was strange today though.  I went as usual and there were a lot of new faces.  Of course the usual suspects were there; the steroid junkies, the large black women with tweety bird shirts, the guys that think they are thin and wear wife beaters although they really should not, a few people caught my eye today though.  There was a cute little old granny that was using weight machines!  Now I am not saying grannies should not be using them, its just that you don't normally see that.  I smiled at her as I walked by and I just wanted go give her a hug because she reminded me of my Grandmamma.  She was grannied up to the max too!  She had the typical granny fro, gold shoes, the only thing that was missing was a large floral print purse. 

Sai was there also, she is another older woman that works out with my same trainer.  Every time she sees me she comes over and talks to me and asks how my workouts are going.  She is such a sweet lady, and for her age I have never seen anyone else use barbells and do bench presses! 

There is also an old dude with hardly any hair and has to be in his 70's, that is totally hardcore!  He could probably beat me in a weight competition.

I guess the moral of today is the fact that I always thought of people working out the younger generation, however I am pleasantly surprised at how much grannies and grandpas actually work out.  I really do like going to the gym, it helps me relieve stress and feel really great about myself.  I know that I really started going a lot more was because of this beach trip but I know that I will continue to go afterward...probably not as much, but I will still go.

Speaking of the beach, I cant tell you how excited I am!  Per my phone countdown it is only 10 days, 9 hours, 56 minutes, and 43 seconds away!!  I really do think that I am more excited about shattering every diet rule I have been following so strictly for the past couple months!!!  Potatoes, pasta, liquor, desserts!!! I just wet myself thinking about it!!!!!

Here are some grannies for your viewing pleasure~!

2 comments:

  1. Nice. Let me know if I need to bring extra diapers for you too!

    Can't wait myself - please keep the countdown going!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you need Stephanie to bring some DEpends???
    You can wear them under your thongs! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete