Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Technology Free Tuesday Evening.

I was talking with Chris the other day and brought up the fact that we are so caught up in technology.  Just the other day we ate dinner while watching tv, then sat there and I was on my iPad and Chris was on his laptop and neither of us were actually watching the show.  I was listening to a segment on NPR a week or so ago and a family did something just like this and it seems like a great idea.

So, the plan is when Chris gets home from work, all cell phones, laptops, iPads, tv, anything electronic goes off.  We will only answer our phones if work or something huge is happening.  We are going to eat dinner in the DINING ROOM!  Normally this room is only used for guests and special occasions...not tonight!  We are going to enjoy each others company and try to start breaking our dependence on these evil brain sucking devices..........

Now, I am not crazy.  I like my tech toys.  We will be back using said zombie boxes, I just want one night where I am not worrying about my virtual crops wilting away, or whether or not there has been a new comic posted on my favorite website.  Tonight it is all about the Chris'. 

Sorry in advance if you try to get in touch, we will be busy acting like the Amish...well sort of.

4 comments:

  1. Okay - as long as it's not on Thursdays I'm totally down for this! We do the same, eat and watch tv together, then retreat to our separate computer rooms to do whatever the rest of the night.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was actually really fun! We talked and had good food and then we played Monopoly!! We had to read the instructions because neither of us remembered how to play :). I highly recommend tech free Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe Chris actually went through with this! He's NEVER far from his Blackberry and always seems to be dealing with some kind of work thing. Way to go, Spicy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need some extra spicey news!

    ReplyDelete