Friday, August 6, 2010

The Gym...

On Wednesday I had a training session with Melvin, and told him that we are getting close to the beach.  Because of this, he has changed my workout routine.  I am now supposed to focus only on core exercises. 

He said, "from now on when you are not working out with me just do those core sets and I don't want you to leave the gym until you have done 200 reps."


Now core exercises, are sit-ups, push-ups with the medicine ball, the roman chair, the ab solo, etc.  If you haven't noticed a theme yet, all of these are exercises that target your abs, and truly make you feel like you would rather drink bleach than do 200 reps.  Today was the first day of such torture and I have to say, I thought it would suck worse than it did.  I guess all of the stuff I have been doing up until now has really prepared me for the rough stuff.  Ask me tomorrow and I may have some other choice words for you, but for now I feel great.

I do have a training session with Melvin at 9:30am tomorrow, so if I do feel like donkey feces I will be sure to let him know :)

1 comment:

  1. oh man you're wearing me out just listening to this...reps...core exercises, trainer, gym? Are you speaking English anymore? Ayeyeyah...

    ReplyDelete